Dressing up for Easter

Hello lovelies!

What do you think of when I say Easter fashion?  Bright, spring-colored dresses, pretty shoes, frills, butterflies, bows, and ribbons, maybe?  I loved dressing up for Easter as a little girl in my brand new Easter dresses.  These were often of light pastel colors; pinks, purples, and yellows mostly.  As I've grown into a young lady, however, finding Easter dresses and clothes has become more difficult.  Casual styles, sleeveless dresses, low necklines, and short skirts seem to be the trend in spring fashion.  But when you're getting ready to attend the Holy Day of Holy Days, the feast of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, you want to wear something that is beautiful, modest, and elegant.  I've been combing the internet for different shops and options but they're hard to find, so I've attempted to compile my favorite looks in one post that you can easily find in store or even in your own closet!

Disclaimer: This post is not affiliated or sponsored in any way by any of the brands or shops mentioned.

Dresses:

C Fam Sisters

Lace is such a fun style!  You can find a similar dress here from Dainty Jewell's Apparel that comes in all sorts of colors.  There's also a similar dress at Dillard's.





Recently, I've fallen in love with lots of dresses from Gal Meets Glam!!  This one, in particular, reminds me of a grown-up version of what we might have worn as little girls.  You can find the dress at Nordstrom and the cardigan at Dillard's.  You can find the entire Gal Meets Glam collection here!



Floating Floral Cutout Fit & Flare Dress from Stein Mart

I know this image isn't modest length-wise, but these Gabby Skye dresses can be modest if you're the right height or if you get the right size.  My sister and I have purchased a few of these dresses and love wearing them year after year!  I would highly recommend going into a Stein Mart store to try some on.  Pair with a solid colored shrug to cover the shoulders. 

Sorry for the terrible quality photo.  It's a little old and a tad bit cringe-worthy. 😐

This is my Gabby Skye dress that I wore for Easter and many other occasions.


Oh!  Can we just pause for a moment to say how cute this little girl's dress is?!


Ok, back on track...

Skirts and blouses:

Dress Cori Lynn

I know this one is super casual, but it's just so cute and preppy.  Try mixing both pink and blue together!  And don't forget a bow is a plus!  This skirt is out of stock, but you can find a similar one here.



Now, some pleated skirts on Pinterest are a little... shall we say... odd looking?  The shimmering metallic skirts that fall mid-calf and are paired with tennis shoes are just not my taste.  But, there is a way you can wear the pleated skirt and look stunning!  My sister has a beautiful navy floral pleated skirt that she pairs with a light blue (or navy blue) blouse.  The blue velvet heels are quite a fashion statement!




Ok, don't pay attention to the name of this skirt.  Isn't it adorable though?  I love periwinkle.  (I get that from my mom. 😍  My room was painted periwinkle when I was a baby.)  I love the retro look of the skirt and shoes combined with a modern pop of color.


Accessories:


Boyer Sisters Instagram

I don't have silk scarves, but as I researched for spring fashion, I found these are super pretty.  Not only can they add a splash of color, but you can also style them so that they cover up a low neckline!  



Broaches are such beautiful and feminine accessories that take you back in time!  I bet you can find one in your grandmother's things or at the thrift store.


Didn't think you could pull of tights in the spring?  Think again!!  I just love, love, love tights so when I see a spring outfit with tights, I have to say, "why not?!"


Shoes:

If you live near a DSW shoe store, the possibilities are nearly endless.  There are so many colors, styles, and patterns to choose from and most shoes can be called modest.  So I'd like to share 3 basic styles that can be paired with all sorts of outfits.


Espadrilles are a great spring choice and there are many variations to choose from.  View 3 of my favorite espadrille wedges here, here, and here!


Pumps are my go-to classic!  They can be paired with just about anything and have a cute retro look.  If you're looking for the most versatile heel ever, stick with a beige color.  DSW has tons to choose from.


If heels aren't your style, flats are always a sweet decision.  There are loads of colors, styles, and materials to choose from.  Whether they're a tan t-strap from ModCloth or maybe they're sparkly ballet flats that actually looks like a ballet slipper from Dillard's, flats are perfect for adding a little dainty, feminine touch.


Well, that was fun!  I hope you're able to find the perfect Easter outfit for your celebrations!


Bonus time!  Here are a few Instagram accounts that I've found that give you plenty of ideas for beautiful, modest skirts and dresses.








Florence Adams Dress Shop on Instagram


God bless and blessed Passion Week to you!

Comments