Love Starts At Home

Greetings to you lovely women!



With so much time spent at home now with ourselves and/or our families, we have been given a beautiful opportunity to revive a fallen away tradition; to cultivate love within our families.

This is something we have always been encouraged to do, but with how busy our schedules were before the pandemic, we lost touch with it. We now have a chance to explore this wonderful idea again and I’m going to share a personal story with you regarding this.

I have always had a passion for cooking every since I was young and watching my mom cook for our family sparked the flame in my heart to learn how to cook. She taught me all the basics, family recipes, and even some new out-of-the-box recipes that I cherish to this day. I learned how to get creative in the kitchen from her and with my life being so relaxed at the moment, I’ve been able to tune back in to that dormant side of me in recent weeks. I took off by cooking dinner for my family every night for a week and it hasn’t stopped since then. I didn’t understand the impact it had, especially on my mom, until she came down with strep throat recently and I became her personal nurse. She was pretty sick at the start of it, so I thought the best thing to do would be to whip up some homemade chicken soup. This brought a smile to her face and she kept asking me when it would be ready because it smelled so good to her. I knew then that my mission was clear: cook for my family with all my heart. This was how I was going to share my deep love and gratitude to them by making delicious, whole, and nourishing meals every day. It has brought so much joy and peace to my soul knowing that I’m helping my family in the best way I know how and fulfilling God’s call to love my family. I was reminded of that again today when I watched my mom enjoy a gluten free lemon poppyseed muffin I had made for her birthday.

There are endless ways to show love to your family members and the best way is the one God is calling you to, the one you’re most passionate about doing, and the one that brings everyone true joy when you do it. It could be seen or unseen, big or small, known or unknown, but whatever it is, just do it out of love for God and your family. Who could go wrong with that?


With heartfelt love,
Nomie

Comments

  1. *APPLAUSE!!!!* ;( <3 This is an absolutely wonderful, inspirational post. Thanks so much for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. *echo's Sarah's applause*
    I loved your story ever so much! That is so awesome that you've been cooking for your family!
    Years ago, I made homemade bread for the family every week. Now that we're in "quarantine" and the bread flying off the shelves, I've taken it up again. It's so satisfying to provide for my family in this way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment