Closer together

       
               Hello ladies! I pray that you all have been doing well during these trying times. During this coronavirus outbreak we have all faced many different challenges. School has been cancelled, church has been closed, and pretty much everything that we have been planning to do has been either postponed or cancelled. We have all had to be quarantined and we really don't know when this epidemic will end and we can get back to normal life. This has been very hard for me. It seems like all of the stuff that I should be enjoying as a senior is cancelled or postponed. My senior lunch, Prom, graduation and even the convention that I had been planning to attend and help with all became uncertainties. All of this was happening at the same time that I was going through a stressful time at school. Out of frustration I cried one day "why can't school just end?"
          Just two weeks ago to this date I said goodbye to my classmates and teachers for the weekend. I didn't realize that school would be cancelled the next few weeks until it is safe for larger gatherings. Our school had prepared us for this but it really didn't sink in until Monday came around and I was at home and I thought about how much I wished I would have enjoyed school when I had it. I never realized how much I loved school until that day! But as I posted earlier I was determined to keep my Lenten Resolution.
           In my post in February I wrote about how I was giving up negativity for lent. I tried to look at ways that this outbreak had helped us and our faith. Please bear in mind that by no means am I trying to make the Coronavirus Outbreak seem light. This is a tragedy for many people. So many people have lost their lives or people in their families. Please pray for everyone affected by the coronavirus and that everyone becomes healthy again soon along with everyone in the medical field trying to fight the coronavirus. But despite the negative part of the coronavirus I found that there are some ways that it has benefited us. First it has taught us not to be selfish and to also be thankful for the many blessings that we have. It has also pulled us together in a way because even though we are still having to deal with the affects of social distancing, we have learned to use technology to our advantage. This week I have spent time talking to friend that I have made through religious organizations and my friends and teachers at school. Normally we wouldn't have time to do this because life is always busy but since the Coronavirus and social distancing happened we have the time to reconnect with friends and family. I encourage you guys to take part in the plethora of ways that you girls can grow in faith. One great way is to go to summit.lifeteen.com. They have some great resources to share with your family, friends, and hopefully your youth group. It has also taught us to pray. During stressful and frightening times like this we pray unceasingly. But now that you hopefully realize that there are a lot of things for you to be thankful for pray in thanksgiving for those things. Since the Mass is also posted online too we can still stay connected to the church even if we can't be there. It has also taught us about almsgiving. Many people are still almsgiving in a different way. Have you heard about those homemade masks that are being sewed and given to first responders and medical personnel? People have given up their time, money and resources to help those in the medical field who are bravely doing all they can to help us beat this. These are just a few of the ways that this situation is bringing us closer together.
           I pray that you all stay healthy and count your blessings. This will not last forever and Jesus will help us overcome this tragedy so stay strong. Pray for everyone and I will be praying for you.

*P.S. If anyone wants someone to talk to or just needs some encouragement leave a comment below. :)

In Faith,
Anjalee 
       

Comments