✰✰✰✰ WHY: Love One Another ✰✰✰✰

WHY: Love One Another 


Hello! Frankly, I am a bit nervous about being the first blog post on our new monthly topics since the changes to the blog, but that's OK! This month our theme is “Love One Another.” Lately I have actually been struggling with loving who God has made me to be. The love my friends at school, church, work, and extracurricular activities has been incredible, though. I have had so many people asking about how I’ve been and how I'm feeling. I am reassured by the love others show me in little ways. 
The impact of loving one another is important to understanding why we should be supportive even when we don't feel it. Loving one another in a way like Jesus calls us to love can be also called “servant leadership.” This basically means we give and look after others to lead them. We “will the good of the other.” If that sounds familiar it's because it should. That is in the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Loving one another the way Jesus loved us is life giving to both the receiver of support and the giver. 
A little encounter with spreading love: We never really know when someone is hiding pain and hurt. I work at Chick-Fil-A and it's been a pleasure, lol. There have been many days I show up to work and I’d rather be sleeping or reading. At CFA we strive to make a positive impact on everyone we come in contact with. This is very hard, especially on the days I would rather be at home. Many times people come in CFA having had a busy and stressful day. The simplest of compliments on an outfit or simile or offers for a drink refill can really go a long way. The more light I spread during hard days at work the happier I am. 
There is a lot of joy to come from loving one another, especially when we don't feel it. When that one person at school asks me how I am with sincerity or I get a positive text message from a friend, I know I am loved. Small messages go a long way. My prayer is that this month we all come to see the little ways we can show love to one another to bring about joy the way Jesus calls us.

In faith,

Britney Diaz-Roman

Comments

  1. This is beautiful, Britney!! <3. That's awesome that you work at CFA. I always love how their employees brighten your day with a smile or just their willingness to serve. We all have bad days, but we can all lighten the burden of another by a word or smile, even if it's very small. <3 God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment