✰✰✰✰ Go Home and Love Your Family ✰✰✰✰


Recap:
Sunday, two weeks ago, Deacon John concluded mass after the retreat weekend with a challenge I struggle with: go home and love your family. Mother Teresa (now saint of course) is quoted as having said, "if you want to change the world go home and love your family." Fast forward two weeks and I am just remembering this and I am still struggling as I do every time I hear it. Something changed that weekend, however. My family all decided to start Fiat 90 and Exodus 90 (AKA super lent.)

Love and Lent:
Hands down, Lent is my favorite liturgical season. I love the sacrifice and prayer and sense of unity in the church. I love the ashes and incense. I love the stations of the Cross and squeezing in daily mass. I love the tiny ways the church unites itself with Christ in an intentional way. This might explain why I'm enjoying Fiat 90, a 90 day period of fasting and prayer. Several Churches in my diocese decided to get a big group of men to commit to Exodus 90, the men's version of Fiat. The commitment is incredible and beautiful. Love is willing the good of the other so when my father decided to join the Exodus 90 group with God and family in mind I felt drawn to go deeper too. I set my heart on Fiat 90 and finally my mother did too. My household is all in a "super lent." I love it. 

Love one another and LENT:
I had an encounter at that retreat weekend with my need for prayer with and for my family to Jesus through Mary. My family all committing to prayer and fasting has been the answer to a prayer I didn't know I had been praying. To love one another challenge one another in your family this Lent. Don't be afraid to go deep or take the higher road. Fall back on each other when you forget why you sacrifice. When Jesus fell He fell with His cross, we fell away. This Lent goes home and loves your family.

In faith,

Britney


Comments

  1. Whoa!! Powerful stuff that: "...my need for prayer with and for my family to Jesus through Mary. My family all committing to prayer and fasting has been the answer to a prayer I didn't know I had been praying." Thanks for sharing Britney. May God bless you and your family this Lent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I try to comment I have some problem. I really appreciate your comments and your kindness!! Proverbs 16:26 <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment