Pray With Your Friends


This summer I was granted the wonderful blessing of being able to visit with two of my very best friends. Of course, we had tons of fun but there is one memory that was formed that will stick with me together.

One day, we went outside, and then after a bit of playing on the best swing in the history of swings, we sat on the front step of one of the friend's house, held each others' hands, closed our eyes, and prayed together.

Let me tell you, that was such a beautiful experience.

And I realized something then.

We have to pray with our friends.


This is what makes our bonds as friends grow stronger. Our faith should be in every aspect of our life, and friendships are a great part of our lives. So why shouldn't we pray with our friends?

When we pray with our friends, we open up our hearts to both them AND Christ, allowing for His love to enter into us and strengthen our friendships.


Just like God should be the center of a romantic relationship, He should also be the center of our friendships. After all, friendship is a relationship.

And I know it can be hard when friends are either not Catholic or don't believe in God, but pray for them and be open to sharing your faith with them.


So pray with your friends, and be amazed as your friendship grows and flourishes.


Comments

  1. Ceci!! I meant to comment before, but somehow I didn't! This is a great topic. I don't get to do it very often, but I love when I get to pray with friends. Whether it's during a family rosary, at young adult adoration, or an impromptu prayer before parting ways after the March for Life. My friends mean so much to me and Jesus means so much to me that I'm so happy when we all come together in prayer. <3. Thank you so much for this encouraging post. <3.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment