Fun Art Ideas to Try This Summer.

Hey everyone! My name is Anjalee! So its finally summer time and we are all excited for summer fun until its time for us to say "I'm bored." So what better way to get rid of summer boredom then with some fun arts and crafts ideas!

1) Everyone's been through those long rainy summer days and while cuddling up in bed with a good book and a cup of tea is fun on those days. Sometimes its easy to get a little bored so why not add a little more fun and build a fort. All you need is a few cozy throw pillows, a soft blanket or two and something to support you structure. I'm sure many of you have fond memories of building blanket forts when you were a kid. But then again how can you ever be to old to enjoy the magic of a blanket fort! :)

2) Learn a new art skill. Rather than complaining that you are bored learn a new skill like drawing, painting, knitting, crocheting, writing or even cooking. This summer I made a couple summer resolutions. The first one was to be able to crochet. Ok so I kind of knew how to crochet but hey practice makes perfect! The second one I made was to improve the cartoons that I draw for my school newspaper. It's fun to see how my crocheting and drawing pieces turn out and plus I can safely say at the end of the summer that while I still may not be the best, I still learned something new.

3) Use your art to help others. If you already know a certain art skill why to teach others how to enjoy it too? Maybe you could teach lessons to someone who wants to learn. Or like me, you could volunteer at you local church's bible school and help plan cute arts and crafts for little children or even help decorate for the theme of the bible school if it has one. Another good idea is just keeping an elderly person company and making art with them. I did this one time and it meant a lot to the lady that I was helping! Pope John Paul II once said, "Those who perceive themselves... the artistic vocation as poet, writer, sculptor, painter, musician, and actor feel at the same time an obligation not to waste this talent but to develop it, in order to put it to service of their neighbor and the humanity as a whole." I love this quote because it perfectly explains our calling to use our God-given talents to make the world a more beautiful place!

4) Just have fun! I know sometimes its hard to appreciate your art, especially if you are a perfectionist like me. But sometimes some of the most valued art pieces are the ones that the artist does not particularly appreciate. Believe me I know from experience. As an artist I struggle to not get distracted by the flaws in my art. Often times I will stop working on a piece when I make a "mistake" because I don't like it. But the few times that I do keep going sometimes it ends of being one of my favorites. To make things short just keep doing it and eventually it will click and when that happens you will be so proud that you didn't give up! :)

Comments