Update on my life

Hey peoples! Hope everyone`s doing well. I honestly have no idea what to write about this time around. But since I managed to miss my last writing day *blushes guiltily and hides under desk* I figured I`d better rustle up something semi decent this time. Honestly my life has just been so crazy and messed up lately that I can`t say I`m in the position to offer much advice or inspiration. My (admittedly crazy) plan to finish two grades of school (11th and 12th) in just over a year and get 9 piano and organ pieces learned and ready for a senior recital in May of 2019 has left me with an overwhelming amount of stuff to do. Or at least it feels overwhelming. That, along with pressure from two church choirs to get a bigger repitoire of church hymns I can play with them, doing all of the housework and cooking, trying to get in some serious writing, and some family troubles has left me pretty exhausted, mentally and physically. Mostly mentally. Oh, and I keep getting sick over and over again. I think my immunity system went on a permanent vacation. Which is why I haven`t been getting a lot done. Yeah, I`m stressed.

But there have been some pretty good things going on in my life lately too. I feel like a responsible (*song "Responsibility, what`s that?" starts playing in head* *quickly expells song from mind*) adult more often now, with my license, smart phone, debit card, and car (which technically isn`t mine, though soon I`ll be pretty much the only one using it, so close enough! xP). But all of these come with burdens of their own. Though my license and car give me freedom, I have to be careful not to abuse that. There are a LOT of crazy drivers out there and I`m still inexperienced. A couple of close calls have made me be pretty cautious. Fun as it is to drive by yourself with the windows rolled down, your music blasting, and the wind blowing through your hair, I try and always remind myself when I get in the car that it is a means to get from one spot to another, and should be always used carefully. A good reminder to be careful is the St. Christopher vizor clip I have in the car and the rosary that`s always somewhere close by.

Then there`s the debit card. I gotta admit I winced when I saw my last bank statement. It`s so easy to overspend when all you gotta do is pull out a lil` piece of plastic! I`m trying to really keep track of what I spend and how I spend it, and do better at financing. Limit myself to only one or two treats a month, set a limit of how much I can spend when I go into a store, etc. I`d encourage you to do the same and not make the same mistake as me!

And what about my brand new iphone? It poses a bit of a problem, since it`s easy to waste time on it. Snapchat, Pinterest, texting, games, whatever. In small measures, they`re fine. But too much can be damaging and super time wasting. So I`m trying to limit my phone time as well. Set a time limit for how long I can spend messing around or messaging my peoples. I really enjoy being able to listen to music more though. I have a nice CD player for my room, and there`s one in the kitchen, but anywhere else I can`t listen much. Now I almost always have it sitting somewhere nearby while I work. It`s great to get some motivational and inspiring tunes going to get me working hard.

Another awesome thing that`s gonna happen soon is my trip in October to St. Joseph`s Novitiate (where my sister is a nun) for a four day long retreat, after which I`m going to spend a week at the convent, living the life of a novice to try it out and see if it might be my vocation in live. Super excited about that. Hopefully it`ll help get some of this craziness sorted out!!

Ok, I think I`m about done here. Sorry, this has been extremely random and probably really boring. I guess I just needed to get some things off my chest? Hopefully you`ve gotten something out of this. If nothing else, some things not to do! xDD And hey, if you have any comments or suggestions or tips for me, I`d love to hear them!!

 

See y`all latah!! <333

~Giselle

 

 

P.S. Here`s that song I mentioned, in case y`all were wondering about it. ;)

Comments

  1. Good luck this year! You do have a lot on your plate, but you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU GOT THIS, GIRL!!!!


    Really though, yes, you may have a lot of things to do But also, yes, you can do this. I know you can, girlie! :3 So awesome that you're going on retreat in October! I'm Actually really jealous of you. ;) Alrighty, I actually planned on writing a long comment all about how you got this and you're gonna nail everything(YES YOU ARE!!!), but Economics and American Government are yelling my name. ;PPP So, just know that you're gonna do amazing, Zelie! And know that I believe in you! You're always in my prayers!! <3333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, Emi!! You`re da bestest!!! <3333 I feel better about it all already!! I am super excited about retreat!

      Delete
  3. I know EXACTLY what you're going through! And don't worry, it's good to get things off your chest every once in a while :).

    God be with you, dear Giselle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine! It did feel nice to write that all down and have you lovely ladies encourage me! God bless!!

      Delete

Post a Comment