I Am Not Ashamed



I am not ashamed

Not ashamed of my faith

Not ashamed of being Catholic

I had another blog post planned, but then my mom and I had a conversation over how ashamed we are sometimes of our faith

Sometimes we don't make the sign of the cross or say grace in public places

Sometimes we avoid any questions about our faith because we're uncomfortable and don't want to make other people uncomfortable

I find myself doing that sometimes

Not doing the sign of the cross

Not saying grace

Not answering questions about our faith

And I am ashamed of acting like that

I'm ashamed of shying away from actions that say "I'm Catholic"

But I am trying to be better at not doing that

Because even though sometimes my actions say that I'm ashamed to be Catholic, I am not ashamed to be Catholic

Not ashamed of my faith


Comments

  1. AMEN - I've struggled with this a fair bit (even at home! Then again, a couple of my close relatives are Protestant...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be hard when some of your family don't share your faith! Some of my extended family don't, but we aren't close to them. But still, I can't imagine what it's like!

      Delete
  2. YES!!!!!! Thank you for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I often find myself in need of reminders and writing this really helped me too!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful post. It makes me think. One should never be ashamed of being Catholic. Rather they should be proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should! Sometimes I want to wear a shirt that has "I AM CATHOLIC AND PROUD!" all the time xD But first I need to find that shirt :P

      Delete
  4. *applauseapplause* Thank you for sharing this. It's true we don't always live our faith like we should. God bless you and keep you always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. <3 So true! You find yourself doing it even without thinking. Thank you so, so, so much for sharing, Ceci!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'm glad that so many people found it as helpful as I did <33

      Delete

Post a Comment