A Bookish Post

Hey everybody! I thought I`d talk about books really quick today. `Cause when all else fails, there`s always books. It`s really hard to find clean books these days. A fact I`ve found out the hard way. So I`m going to give y`all a quick list of some of my favorite, clean, books for young people. Enjoy! Also, I`m am not putting these in any sort of order. I could never choose a real "favorite"!! I`m sure you know what I mean! xP




1. The Anne of Green Gables series, by L.M. Montgomery. These books are honestly so great!!
This is the set we have. I was so excited when I was deemed old enough to read them! I enjoyed every one of them, though I think the first one is still my favorite. The movies are great as well!


2. Some other books I enjoyed reading by the same author is the Emily of New Moon trilogy. The first book I thought was super good, though I didn`t like the sequels quite as much. I related to Emily a lot, being the little authoress that I am. Not to mention being a total cat-lover!


3. The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien. Epic. Completely, amazingly, and in every way, epic. I`ll say no more. (if I do, I`ll likely fangirl about these books for ages.)


4. Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, and Emma, by Jane Austen. I LOVE these books! There are some other good ones by this author as well, but I decided to just put down my three favs. Seriously, read these.


5. The Scarlet Pimpernel, by Baroness Emurska Orczy. Oh man, do I love this book. It is SO GOOD!! The plot, the writing, the characters....it`s all amazing. Baroness Orczy is just an awesome writer. I`ve started reading some of the sequels to this book (which I would highly recommend looking in to if you like The Scarlet Pimpernel) and she has yet to disappoint me!

 
6. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I also love a lot of her other books! It`s been a while, but I remember liking An Old Fashioned Girl.



7. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle`s The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. I`m a big Sherlock fan! I`ve read every story in this big beautiful looking book down here, and it`s been awesome!

 
 
8. A really great series is Ranger`s Apprentice, by John Flanagan. These books are super good. Their companion series The Brotherband Chronicles are also really great. If you`re looking for something to keep you occupied for a while, definitely look into these books!



9. The Ascendance Trilogy, by Jennifer Nielson. I honestly don`t know the last time I enjoyed a trilogy so much. I have no idea why I love these books so much. I guess they`re just super funny and well written and full of surprising twists. I think reading them a second time was even more fun than reading them a first time, which is a hard thing to find in books.



10. If you`re looking for clean, Christian romance, I`d suggest going to Janette Oke. She has tons of good books. I enjoyed her Love Comes Softly series and her When Calls the Heart series. There are some single books of hers that are really good as well. Also, they`re pretty easy to find. I run across them a lot at second hand stores.




11. Two of my childhood favorites are Men of Iron. by Howard Pyle, and Outlaws of Ravenhurst, by Sr. M. Imelda Wallace, S.L. Words cannot describe how much I loved these two, and still do. The chivalry and valor in Men of Iron....*sigh* Anyways, I just had to throw these two in there.





















12. Shane, by Jack Shaefer. I had to do a book analysis for school on this book and it was definitely one of my favorite school assignments.


13. The Chronicles of Narnia. C.S. Lewis` awesome series. These books (and also the movies) are really great. Love `em.


14. The Heist Society and The Gallagher Girls series, by Ally Carter. These books are super fun and good reads. I haven`t read all of the books in these two series, but I imagine they`ll be as good as the ones I have read!



Well I think that`s about all I have for now. I`m sure that once I post this, I`ll think of a dozen more I should have added! However, I enjoyed making this list, and hopefully y`all find something you haven`t read to look into! Please tell me what you think of my list here and if you enjoy any of these books as well!! And now I`ll just leave you with some book memes, `cause who doesn`t like a good meme??

 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
 

 





 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 


 
 
 


That`s all for now, folks! ~Giselle

Comments

  1. Yay! This is a great book post!! I've read a lot of the books on your list, but maybe I'll have to read some more of them! I absolutely looove AoGG, but I have yet to read the Emily Trilogy and I want to read many other books such as The Doctor's Sweetheart by LM Montgomery.

    I also just finished Emma and oh. my. stars. I love that book so much!!

    Have you heard of http://www.rebelliouswriting.com? It's a relatively new site for YA authors and readers who want to find/write more clean YA books.

    Have a great day!! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read most of the books on your list but I can't wait to read the rest. Another good fictional series is Stella and Sol and I totally relate to all of those memes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read most of the books you mentioned. I've heard of them all though. :D Now as for those book memes- YES! SO YES! My sister and I get so many books from thrift stores! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read half of these books and have the other half in my TBR list. I especially am looking forward to finishing the Ascendance trilogy and Ranger's Apprentice series :).

    Excellent post, Giselle!!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific post, Zelie!!!! Right up my alley!! You got good taste, girlie. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment