All the Inspirational Quotes You Will Ever Need

Hey y'all! Emma here!


If there's one thing you must know about me it is that I LOVE good quotes.  For years, I've been keeping long lists of them to share with friends or just to scroll through on days when I feel a little overwhelmed or down in the dumps.  Sometimes, certain little sayings can remind you that everything is all right in the world.

Here are 20 of my favorites!  Some are serious, some are incredibly meaningful, and some are just plain funny.  Enjoy!
~~~


Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.  
-Dr. Seuss

If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans!
-Unknown

There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.  -J.R.R. Tolkien



"Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Til your good is better and your better is best."
 -Saint Jerome

"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."

-Jane Austen
"Have no fear of perfection; you'll never reach it." -Salvador Dali


"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
-Ronald Reagan


"Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible." - Saint Francis of Assisi


"Holiness is to take whatever Jesus gives us and to give Jesus whatever he asks of us with a big smile.”
-Mother Teresa


"So many books, so little time." -Frank Zappa




At first if you don't succeed, fix your pony tail and try again.
-Unknown


"Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet."
-St. Augustine

It's never too late to be what you might have been. -George Eliot


"Tell me the last time you danced, and I'll tell you the last time you were happy."
-Unknown


"Wherever I have been, I am back," he answered in the genuine Gandalf manner. 
-J. R. R. Tolkien, The Two Towers



"There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship." 
-St. Thomas Aquinas

"Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?"
-Corrie ten Boom


When you feel like you're drowning in life, don't worry - your Lifeguard walks on water. -Anonymous


"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

-Oscar Wilde


"Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way."
-Steve Martin


Aaand just for good measure...




~~~

Which quote was your favorite?  Let us know, along with some of your own favorite quotes in the comments!


Comments

  1. These are awesome quotes, Emma! Nice to know that I'm not the only one obsessed with quotes, haha. ;)

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment