Concentrating on the Rosary



          "And in praying do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do; for they think that they will be heard for their many words. (Matthew  6:7)"

       
     Here we see that Jesus is trying to tell us that we should actually put some feeling into our prayers when we pray.
   
      We shouldn't just be saying, "Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee..."
 Like we're some second-grader reciting a poem.

      But it's really hard to concentrate on what each Mystery means, isn't it? Like, you feel your mind drifting away. You start thinking, I wonder what's for lunch. Pay attention. Oh! That history paper was due today! I still haven't finished it! Pay attention! I wonder if we're all still going as a group to the movies this weekend? I SAID PAY ATTENTION!!!
            
     Am I making any sense?    
    
You know that the rosary is a powerful weapon, but you just can't focus your mind!

    Back in fourth grade, a close friend of mine told me of the way she focused her mind.

        She used each of the wounds of Jesus on the Cross.

     This is how she did it.

First Mystery: The Crown of Thorns
Second Mystery: The Nail in His Right Hand
Third Mystery: The Nail in His Left Hand
Fourth Mystery: The Nail in His Feet
Fifth Mystery: The Spear Cut in His Side

     This method of concentration also works when you say the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

     I don't know if this will help you keep your mind on the mysteries, but it sure does work for me! Another thing you could do is make a list of Bible verses for each mystery. I might do it some other time.

     I hope this helped all of you, and thank you for reading!

Comments

  1. thanks for this!! I really struggle with focusing and I'm going to try it tonight!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment