Diamonds


Y'all!


All in the same breath, I wanna sing about how beautiful life is and yet at the same time, about all of life's troubles.  If I did both in this post though, we might be here forever.  As much as I'd love to sit here forever with you, we probably don't have time for that. 😊

So let's talk about life's unpleasant hardships.  People don't often seem to talk on the internet about how hard life is or if they do, they only mention that yeah, it's tough, but you'll get through this if you just believe in yourself, work hard, be tougher, ignore the bad, or whatever.  But in truth, that's not all we need to do or should do.  It's ok to acknowledge that life is not Instagram perfect (nobody's life is, hate to break it to ya;) that it's tough; that there is incredible and increasing pressure all around you.                   

This is all true.

Life has and always will be filled with sorrow, disaster, hurt, pressure, and sin.  It's been that way since the fall in the Garden of Eden and it's going to continue until the end of the world.  These are kind of terrible thoughts, are they not?  But don't stop there.  Whatever you do, never get hung up on the hurt and the pressure in life.

Did you notice that I didn't say there would always be loneliness in the world?  (You probably didn't, but that's ok.  Just roll with me.)  I didn't say it because you'll never be alone.  

Ever.  

God promised He will always be with us.  Sometimes it may feel like God is far away, but He is never gone.  And really, it is never He who distances Himself or turns away, but we, in our sin, often turn away and even run away from God.  But if we turn back to Him, He is ready and anxious to raise us up.

My point is, yes, there will be hardship and pressure, but in this pressure, God can do amazing things!  Things much better than we could ever imagine.  All we have to do is let God do His work.  We don't have to understand it, just trust Him.
This song explains it perfectly and beautifully.
Enjoy!




This song is my jam.  I had forgotten how much I loved it and related to it.  I hope it gives you encouragement and peace.


God bless you all!

Sarah


Comments

Post a Comment